Recipe by TxGriffLover
This recipe is to be made using a stove top smoker. From the Cameron Cooking Guide. Use pre-made bottled jerk marinade or make your own.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium-large shrimp
- 2 red peppers, seeds removed
- 2 green peppers, seeds removed
- 2 yellow peppers, seeds removed
- 1 white onion
- jamaican Caribbean jerk marinade
- 2 tablespoons maple wood chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Simply peel, de-vein and butterfly shrimp, leaving on tails.
- Slice peppers and onion into 1 1/2-inch squares.
- Skewer, beginning and ending with peppers and alternating shrimp, pepper, shrimp, onion.
- Marinate skewers with Jamaican Jerk marinade (I prefer Helen's Tropical Exotic) unrefrigerated for 10-15 minutes.
- Using maple wood chips, smoke on medium heat for 15 minutes, or until shrimp are done.