Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
During the summer, finish this one on the grill while you use your stove top smoker for steaming fresh sweet smoked corn on the cob. From the Cameron Cooking Guide. This recipe is intended to be prepared using a stove top smoker.
- 1 roasting chicken
- 1 garlic clove
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons hickory chips
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (recommend Kittencal's)
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Rub chicken with a cut garlic clove all over and season with salt & pepper.
- Place rack in smoker and form an aluminum foil tent over the chicken.
- Using hickory wood chips, smoke on medium heat for 25 minutes per pound.
- Remove foil and brush lightly with BBQ sauce and place in a preheated 425º oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with BBQ sauce on the side.