Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is to be made using a stove top smoker. From the Cameron Cooking Guide. Makes a great potluck entree. Substitute brown rice if you prefer.
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup currants
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons hickory chips
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- salt and pepper
- Cook rice, according to directions, adding currants to it while it's cooking.
- Smoke chicken breasts for 18 minutes using hickory wood chips over medium heat.
- Toast pine nuts in a 400º oven for 4 minutes or until they are golden. (Pine nuts burn easily, so watch them closely. You can also toast them in a dry skillet over medium high heat.).
- Skin the cooked smoked chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces. Mix together the rice, chicken, pine nuts, and tarragon. Salt and pepper to taste.