Another recipe to use with my Camaron Stovetop Smoker. http://www.tenderizemeat.com/stovetop-smokers-camerons-stovetop-smoker-p-2419.html These are great as a peel-and-eat appetizer, use in shrimp cocktail, shrimp tacos, or a shrimp salad. Adds a terrific flavor boost. If you're using the mini stove-top smoker, you'll need to make in two batches. Original recipe comes from Southern Living, but once again I've added my personal touch.
- Place wood chips into center stove-top smoking pan.
- Insert drip pan and food rack.
- Toss shrimp with remaining ingredients.
- Arrange shrimp on food rack; cover with smoker lid.
- Cook shrimp over medium heat 10 minutes or just until shrimp turn pick.
I smoked these using a small spirit based fish smoker and loved them! Because I was using large Australian Tiger prawns which I knew would take quite a while to cook through I used about half the amount of chips and smoked over a fairly high temperature around 15 minutes opening the lid and turning half-way which gave a perfect result.