My mom's salisbury steak recipe that I adore, though NurseDi's comes in a close 2nd;)
Make and share this Stove-Top Salisbury Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water (use Cream of Mushroom soup can)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Mix the first 7 ingredients together in bowl.
- Form into patties.
- Melt butter in pan, flour the patties and brown on both sides.
- Mix water& soup together and pour over patties.
- Simmer for 45 minutes; covered.