Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mom's salisbury steak recipe that I adore, though NurseDi's comes in a close 2nd;)
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water (use Cream of Mushroom soup can)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Mix the first 7 ingredients together in bowl.
- Form into patties.
- Melt butter in pan, flour the patties and brown on both sides.
- Mix water& soup together and pour over patties.
- Simmer for 45 minutes; covered.
Super, super stuff... really impressed with ease and taste!! You won't be disappointed!! Served with mashed potatoes and green beans
Very easy and tasty! Instead of the chopped onions I added a whole pack of powdered onion soup mix - very good! Next time I might add an extra half can (or full can) of soup (and water) because I served it over egg noodles and would have liked a little more of the soup/gravy. Thanks for an easy, comfort food recipe!
Wow! this turned out great. I read all of the reviews and this is what I did: Because many reviewers had trouble with the patties falling apart, I omitted the 2 tablespoons of water in the meat mixture. (It seemed to do the trick) I did,however add about 1/4 of a finely chopped onion to the meat. I used milk instead of water in the sauce, added about 1 1/2 tablespoon of onion soup mix, another 1/4 chopped onion and about 1/2 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar to the sauce before simmering. I served it with noodles and corn and both my DD and my DH raved about it. Thanks Ang for sharing this easy new favorite.