Recipe by bert
My daughter found this recipe in one of my cookbooks several years ago and decided to try it out. We liked it so much we have been making it ever since.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raisin
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cinnamon stick (2")
- 1 slice fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water, raisins, salt, cinnamon stick and lemon rind to boil; stir in rice.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until liquid is almost all absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Combine cream and sugar; stir into rice mixture.
- Cook gently over low heat until mixture is creamy.
- Whisk a little hot rice mixture into egg yolks, then stir yolk mixture back into pan.
- Cook over med-low heat until mixture thickens, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Just before serving, remove cinnamon stick and lemon rind.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon if desired.