My daughter found this recipe in one of my cookbooks several years ago and decided to try it out. We liked it so much we have been making it ever since.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water, raisins, salt, cinnamon stick and lemon rind to boil; stir in rice.
- 2Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until liquid is almost all absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- 3Combine cream and sugar; stir into rice mixture.
- 4Cook gently over low heat until mixture is creamy.
- 5Whisk a little hot rice mixture into egg yolks, then stir yolk mixture back into pan.
- 6Cook over med-low heat until mixture thickens, about 1 minute.
- 7Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- 8Just before serving, remove cinnamon stick and lemon rind.
- 9Sprinkle with ground cinnamon if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stove-Top Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.4
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 153.8 mg
- Sodium 85.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 36.0 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh lemon rind