Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I adapted recipezaar Stove Top Rice Oriental Ground Beef to include whole grains and more protein. If you're concerned about sodium, use low sodium soy sauce and fresh mushrooms.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup water
- Cook Ground Turkey, drain if needed.
- Add chopped onion, minced garlic, onion soup mix, brown rice,water, beef broth and Soy Sauce.
- Cook for 50 minutes or until the rice is done and water gone.
- Add Mushrooms and heat though.
Nice recipe. I did halve it and it made 4 cups. I used a 20 oz. package of turkey and a whole can of muchrooms since we like them. Thanks for the good recipe. It was a tad salty for our taste, but we are used to less salty foods.
Gotta tell you this rice was wonderful, my hubby just said so. As a vegetarian, I didn't use the meat or broth, but the onion soup mix did the trick for us. I cooked the rice on a very low fire for an hour and I didn't open it though I was tempted to check the grains. Thank you