Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I used to use the Hamburger Helpers but desided it was cheaper to go this way with it. It is better and warms up easier.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion (Diced)
- 1 garlic clove (Minced)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 cup raw rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups water
- Cook Lean Ground Beef drain if needed.
- Add Chopped Onion and Minced Garlic and Onion Soup Mix,Rice,Water with Soy Sauce.
- Cook for 20mins or till the rice is done and water gone.
- Add Mushrooms heat though.
I sauteed the rice before adding everything else. I did add about 1/4 a cup more water & it turned out perfectly. For those of you who don't cook rice, make sure you cover it while cooking. VERY easy and nice work night meal.
I didn't know that Rice Oriental had been discontinued until I stumbled upon this recipe. How sad! But I'm happy to report that this will do as a substitute! I had to add about 3 cups of water to give the rice ample time to cook. Still had a few crunchy ones, but I'll adjust accordingly next time. I would suggest covering this while cooking. Oh, and NO mushrooms! Thanks!!!
I was sad when GM discontinued this favorite. I made the recipe a bit differet: 2 lbs ground beef, 2 packets onion soup mix, 3 c. water, 3 tb soy sauce, 1.5 c rice, no mushrooms. Turned out wonderfully!!