Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great and quick way to make red potatoes on the stove top and they still taste like they've been roasted in the oven for a long while. I had see on America's Test Kitchen how they make roasted potatoes, they microwave the potatoes first before the potatoes go in the oven, but then I thought to try them on the stove top. They turned out to be so good, tasted just like they had been on the oven, and took about half the time. You could also do these with golden or other small roasting potatotes.
- 6 large red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Wash the potatoes well, and slice into good bite-sized pieces. Put them into a glass microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 8 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Heat a skillet onto medium heat and add the butter. Sautee the potatoes and add the seasonings to taste. Cook for about 6-8 minutes and the potatoes are softened and browned.
- Try olive oil.
I crave this all the time. It's my favorite roasted potato recipe! Delish!
We loved these potatoes made just the way the recipe read. Next time I might throw in some rosemary too. But they were really good just the way the recipe was written.
I'm a nanny/cook for a nice little family. I prepared these tonight as a side to grilled turkey burgers and corn on the cob, and they were quite a hit!! Can't wait to make them for my hubs. :)