1/2 Photos of Stove Top Potato Bread
Kind of like corn bread but with potato's. I don't know how else to describe it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and dice potatoes.
- 2Place in a medium saucepan, cover with water and add salt.
- 3Bring to a boiling and cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes; drain and cool. Melt 2 teaspoons of butter in a 10-inch heavy skillet; add potatoes and set aside.
- 4In a medium mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients and parsley, if desired.
- 5Cut in remaining butter with a pastry blender or fork until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- 6In a cup, whisk together the buttermilk and egg.
- 7Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
- 8With floured hands, divide dough into thirds.
- 9Mix one third into potatoes, pressing into pan.
- 10On a lightly floured board, shape remaining dough into a patty to fit in skillet.
- 11Press dough patty onto potato mixture.
- 12Using a knife, mark top of dough into six wedges similar to pie slices, being careful not to cut all the way through the dough.
- 13Cover skillet tightly and cook over medium heat about 18 minutes or until dough is firm.
- 14In the meantime, preheat broiler.
- 15Remove skillet lid and brown bread, uncovered, under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- 16Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stove Top Potato Bread
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.5
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 502.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 8.2 g