Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A family favorite that is quick and easy to make. This makes a lot of gravy. Hubby likes to cut up the pork and make a pork and gravy sandwich. You can also use chicken in this recipe.
- 1 lb boneless pork chop (or boneless chicken breasts)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Season your pork or chicken with the pepper.
- Brown pork or chicken.
- Add cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, and garlic powder and stir.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cover with lid and cook for about an hour. I usually cook the pork for an hour but the chicken for 40-45 minutes.
Good home cooked comfort food, how can you go wrong! The pork loin that I used was tender and moist with the 1 hr of cooking. There is lots of the gravy too. This is so easy that I played a game while it was on the stove at a low simmer with a lid on. I checked on it 3 times and it was perfectly happy being left alone to do it's thing. I'm looking forward to trying it with the chicken.
Quick, Easy and oh so good. A great base recipe. Thanks for the idea!