Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Satisfying Pork Chop Casserole
- 4 pork chops or 4 boneless pork steaks
- 170.09 g box Stove Top stuffing mix, prepared
- 297.66 g can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted (I like low-sodium)
- 59.14 ml milk
- seasoning salt
- pepper (you can use pork seasoning of choice instead salt & pepper, I use sage sometimes, don't use a lot of)
- Season chops with salt & pepper, brown in lightly oiled skillet.
- Place in 9x13 pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Prepare Stove-Top according to package, spoon over chops.
- Mix soup and milk in bowl, pour over top.
- Cover with foil and bake 1hr, or a little more until pork has reached safe internal temperature. You can bake longer for increased tenderness if desired, chops will be moist. You can also uncover last 20 mins or so of baking for top of casserole to brown.
Obviously the directions for this recipe are not correct. As I sit here waiting for the casserole to cook I find myself saying that I should have listened to "my inner voice" telling me to put the stuffing on top and not under the soup! Regardless dinner is what it is!! Not very pretty but I hope it will still taste good! I cooked mine at 350.
Very good!!! I cooked at 375 degrees for an hour and my pork chops came out VERY tender! My three year old loved this and I have already added to my "cookbook scrapbook"
I just put this in the oven. I did not brown the chops ,but sprinkled with seasoning salt, then put peeled apple slices on them I sprinkled poultry sessoning on the apples. I piled the stuffing on top of the apples leaving some space for the soup mix to spread around the chop. Smells delicious!