Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A one dish meal for any time of day - breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 1 lb hot pork sausage (Jimmy Dean etc.) or 1 lb ground chuck (or a mixture of both)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 32 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 fresh roma tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- Brown meats with onion and peppers, in a deep 12-inch skillet, when almost done add 1/2 tsp salt, half the black pepper and half the Italian seasoning.
- Drain meat well in colander.
- Remove excess drippings from skillet and add the butter, melt on low heat; when sizzling add hash browns, spreading in a even layer, sprinkle with remaining salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning.
- Top potatoes with grated Parmesan and beef mixture.
- In a small bowl beat eggs, add half and half and pour over meat and potatoes in skillet.
- Cover and cook on medium-low heat till potatoes are done, about 35 minutes.
- Top with black olives and mozzarella cheese, cover and cook an additional 6 minutes to melt cheese.
- Top with tomato slices just before serving.
- Cut into 4-6 wedges.