Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a pasta dish that is quick and easy to make and yet very flavorful. Serve with a salad and/or vegetable and bread to make a complete meal.
- 6 cups pasta, uncooked (Rotelle or Campanelle)
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 10-12 minutes, till tender; drain.
- Brown the meat with the garlic; drain it.
- Stir in the oregano and basil leaves and cook 1 more minute.
- Add the tomatoes and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the pasta and heat through.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
A tasty dish, but I found the dried herbs overpowered the flavor of the meat. I might try it with fresh herbs next time. Thank you.
Okay, I changed a couple things, but we all really liked this! I used campanelle, and in place of the ground beef, I used ground chicken, and in addition to cooking it with the garlic, I also added a little chopped onion and a little olive oil. I used a can of crushed tomato in place of the diced (for the kid's pickiness reason) and about a tablespoon of tomato paste.Poured the whole works in a baking dish, topped with Parmesan and shredded mozzarella, and baked it for about 20 minutes. My husband then asked "What do we call this when we want you to make it again?" (that's his way of saying he loved it) Thanks!