Recipe by Trisha W
This is a pasta dish that is quick and easy to make and yet very flavorful. Serve with a salad and/or vegetable and bread to make a complete meal.
- 6 cups pasta, uncooked (Rotelle or Campanelle)
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 10-12 minutes, till tender; drain.
- Brown the meat with the garlic; drain it.
- Stir in the oregano and basil leaves and cook 1 more minute.
- Add the tomatoes and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the pasta and heat through.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese.