Recipe by Dorel
This is a very versatile recipe. It calls for cream of mushroon soup but I make it with cream of chicken or cream of celery. It calls for mixed vegetables but I have made it with frozen corn, or green beans or peas. I use 2 boxes of stuffing mix because we like lots of stuffing.
Top Review by ~Bliss~
I won't rate this, because I had cooked chicken that I was using for another recipe, and ended up using this recipe instead (and used the cooked chicken). The taste was pretty good, but in following the instructions, I can't figure out what to do with the butter and water, since the recipe says follow package directions for the stuffing. For my tastes, I think doubling the sauce would make it better.
- 1 (6 ounce) package Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream (milk if you don't have sour cream)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven at 375F.
- Mix stuffing according to instructions and set aside (do not cook)
- Place chicken in 13X9 inch baking dish, or casserole dish.
- Top with vegetables.
- Mix soup and sour cream, pour over chicken.
- Top with stuffing Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Make-Ahead: Assemble recipe as directed: cover.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to to serve, bake at 375F for 55 minutes or until chicken is done.