Chef 313014's Note:
I got this recipe from our local newspaper and thought it was pretty good. I hope you think so too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the ground beef with salt, pepper and bread crumbs. Add the Worcestershire sauce and the beaten egg. Turn out on a board and form a loaf by turning and patting it into shape.
- 2Heat the oil over medium heat in a Dutch oven or a deep fry pan. Carefully brown the loaf on all sides.
- 3When brown, add the beef broth and tomatoes to the pan. When it begins to bubble, add the onion soup mix.
- 4Cover and turn down the heat to a simmer. Cook for about 1 hour.
- 5Place on a warm plate, cover with aluminum foil and let stand for 10 minutes. Put the hot tomato sauce in a bowl to pass and slice the meatloaf with a sharp knife.
- 6Sprinkle with chopped parsley if you like. If there are leftovers, refrigerate.
- 7Very good in an open-face sandwich topped with the hot sauce.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stove Top Meatloaf With Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.6
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 157.0 mg
- Sodium 1606.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 43.9 g