Recipe by Dancer^
I love Alton Brown, and this recipe is why. Creamy and easy.
Top Review by Laudee
To: Dancer Just to let you know, I made your yummy mac 'n cheese dish this evening. Made a dandy side for burgers (an easy Friday night meal). I love mac 'n cheese on the stove, but mine is pretty bland. I like your seasonings better. I think they "wake" the mac up! Thanks for sharing. Laudee C. Colorado
- 1⁄2 lb elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta to al dente and drain.
- Return to the pot and melt in the butter.
- Toss to coat.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and mustard.
- Stir into the pasta and add the cheese.
- Over low heat continue to stir for 3 minutes or until creamy.