1/3 Photos of Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese With Tomatoes
Posted in response to a request for low-fat macaroni and cheese. This is from "Cooking Healthy With a Man in Mind" by Joanna Lund. According to the cookbook it is 4 WW points a 1 cup serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can chunky tomato sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked elbow macaroni
- 1In a large pan mix the tomato sauce, soup, onion flakes and mushrooms.
- 2Stir in the cheese, parsley, and pepper.
- 3Cook over medium heat, stirring ofte, until the cheese melts.
- 4Add the elbow macaroni and mix it well.
- 5Lower the heat and cover.
- 6Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese With Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.2
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.9 mg
- Sodium 550.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup