Posted in response to a request for low-fat macaroni and cheese. This is from "Cooking Healthy With a Man in Mind" by Joanna Lund. According to the cookbook it is 4 WW points a 1 cup serving.
- 1 (15 ounce) canchunky tomato sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked elbow macaroni
- In a large pan mix the tomato sauce, soup, onion flakes and mushrooms.
- Stir in the cheese, parsley, and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring ofte, until the cheese melts.
- Add the elbow macaroni and mix it well.
- Lower the heat and cover.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.