Recipe by ellie_
We enjoyed this easy and delicious macaroni and cheese. If following the Weight Watchers plan it is only 6 pts/serving. When I made it I used whole wheat elbow macaroni and a combination of Kraft 2% sharp cheddar and some Weight Watcher Mexican blend cheese. If you start the cheese sauce while the pasta is cooking everything will be done at the same time --so quick and so easy! Recipe source: www.weightwatchers.com
- 16 ounces macaroni (see note in description)
- 2 cups skim milk (I used 1% milk)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese (see note in description)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce (Tabasco sauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- While macaroni is cooking, in a large saucepan over medium heat whisk together milk, flour, salt, onion powder and pepper until blended.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, stirring often until thickened (2 to 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese and Tabasco.
- Toss pasta with sauce.