Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
We enjoyed this easy and delicious macaroni and cheese. If following the Weight Watchers plan it is only 6 pts/serving. When I made it I used whole wheat elbow macaroni and a combination of Kraft 2% sharp cheddar and some Weight Watcher Mexican blend cheese. If you start the cheese sauce while the pasta is cooking everything will be done at the same time --so quick and so easy! Recipe source: www.weightwatchers.com
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- While macaroni is cooking, in a large saucepan over medium heat whisk together milk, flour, salt, onion powder and pepper until blended.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, stirring often until thickened (2 to 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese and Tabasco.
- Toss pasta with sauce.
I used fat free cheddar and whole wheat macaroni. It turned out okay but very bland compared to a non diet version. On the bright side it is filling.
This macaroni and cheese was easy to make and tasted really good. I used low-fat velveeta which melts nicely. I made 1/2 recipe but still used the full cup of cheese as it didn't seem cheesy enough otherwise. I used orchiette pasta which made it especially good! Thanks for posting.
This recipe is getting 5 stars based on how easy it was to make. I didn't have any low fat sharp cheddar so I am lacking some flavor but I bet once I get the sharp cheddar it will be flavor city! Making the sauce was super easy and was done really quickly. I didn't make the full 16oz of pasta, I had a whole box of macaroni which was about 13.5 oz and it was perfect pasta to sauce ratio. LOVE that this is ww! Thanks! Will definitely be getting some sharp cheddar and making again!