Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Stove-Top Macaroni and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package cavatappi pasta, cooked and kept warm
- cooked crumbled bacon, for garnish
- shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, and cook for 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add milk, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly.
- Add cubed cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, parsley, dry mustard, salt, and pepper; cook over low heat, stirring constantly until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add cooked pasta, stirring gently to combine.
- Serve immediately; garnish with crumbled bacon or shredded cheddar cheese.