Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy,good recipe. Quick to assemble.
- 1 (7 ounce) package macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook until bubbly. Gradually add milk; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce and stir to coat. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
This was so simple
I agree that this is creamy and cheesy. My family enjoyed it and I made it as written other then I added about 1/2 teaspoon of pepper instead of a pinch. This was a quick and easy way to make mac and cheese.
Very good, easy to make and rather quick. Very creamy and very cheesy. I added about 1/2 cup of Mozzarella Cheese as well as the Cheddar. My only problem with this recipe is that it tastes almost identical to "Stouffer's Frozen Mac and Cheese." In a blind taste test, I think It would be very hard to determine which is which. Just my opionion. Overall, very good though.