Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
this is so simple and tastes just like lasagna - an easy weeknight meal. adapted from pinch of yum
- 1 (1 lb) packagedried lasagna noodle
- 2 small head broccoli, about 4-6 cups
- 1 yellow onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (if you like a lot of sauce, go for 1½, jars)
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes
- ricotta cheese
- Chop or break the broccoli into very small pieces. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Break apart the lasagna noodles into small pieces (kind of up to you how big you want them) and cook them for as long as directed on the package. When the noodles are almost done, add the broccoli to the pot and cook it for 2-3 minutes or until the broccoli is bright green and tender-crisp. Drain the water and set aside the noodles and broccoli.
- Mince the garlic and onion. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Saute the garlic and onion with the olive oil. When the onion and garlic are fragrant and soft (about 2-3 minutes), add the rinsed and drained beans. Season very generously with salt and pepper or red pepper if desired and cook for a few minutes until the beans are warm. Add the bean mixture to the lasagna/broccoli pot.
- Add sauce to the pot and stir to combine. Cook over medium heat for just a few minutes until warmed all the way through. Top each serving with a generous dollop of ricotta.