This is a unique recipe for granola as it contains no oil or honey. I like to mix this granola into yogurt for breakfast or sprinkle it over ice cream for dessert. I am sure you could make it into granola bars with the addition of some oil and honey. This recipe is from Mollie Katzen
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a large, heavy skilliet over medium heat.
- 2Add the oats and nuts, cook them, stirring for about 5 minutes. They will begin to get toasted.
- 3Add the wheat germ, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and coconut.
- 4Keep cooking, stirring frequently, for another 10 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle in the brown sugar, salt and carob powder, if using.
- 6Continue to cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes, or until the sugar melts slightly, coating the other particles.
- 7Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- 8Transfer to a tightly lidded jar or container for storage.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stove Top Granola
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.6
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 307.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 17.0 g