Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very versatile recipe that could be used in many different ways. Perhaps over ice cream, or just alone :) Enjoy!
- 4 cups washed cored and sliced apples (I'm not sure of the variety, but I use a fairly tart apple.)
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, to taste
- Place all ingredients in covered pan and cook on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, or until tender and juices are gone.
What a great side with pork roast and pork chops! I have made it several times now and the whole family raved!
These are good on pancakes.
This was a nice dessert that really could be eaten as a side dish, too. I used Braeburn apples which are a bit tart but not too much. I squeezed a lemon over the slices which gave it a little more tang. I love sugar, so I used almost twice as much as indicated! Mmmm...delicious.