Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this from what I had on hand since I couldn't leave -- waiting for Comcast repair. My family said it tasted like a Hamburger Helper dish but better.
- 1 cup macaroni, cooked and drained
- 20 ounces ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chunked
- 14 1⁄2 ounces canned tomatoes
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes with onion and green pepper
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup cheese, shredded
- Boil macaroni until al dente; drain and set aside.
- Saute ground turkey in large skillet with onion and pepper. Add fresh tomato pieces, spices, canned tomatoes and cooked macaroni. Simmer for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Add cheeses. Simmer until they have melted.