Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great recipe that works well every time!
- 1 (6 ounce) boxof chicken flavored Stove Top stuffing mix
- 5 -6 pork chops (those thick Costco size chops work too)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten with a little
- flour, for dusting
- 2 -3 tablespoons of melted butter or 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place stuffing mix in a bowl.
- Lightly salt and pepper chops.
- Dust with flour, dip chops in egg and coat with stuffing mix (really press the stuffing mix into the pork chop) Place chops in a baking dish with about 3 or 4 tablespoons of melted butter or olive oil (both work well!). Bake at 425°F for about 40 minutes, turning once.
5 stars for how QUICK and easy this is to put together and how tender/moist & crunchy the chops turn out. I usually reserve a 5-star rating for something absolutely out of this world, but this one deserves it as the PERFECT weeknight meal. I prep'd the chops & threw them in the oven in about 5 minutes' time, then was able to kick my feet up & enjoy a leisurely glass of wine before making a salad & instant mash potatoes. The chops were tender and the juiciest I've ever had, plus the coating turns crispy during baking. AHHHH! I used the thick (1.5") Costco boneless chops & after 40 min, they were a tad pink inside, so microwaved them for another minute and they were perfection. This will probably become our standard, Thank-God-Monday's-over meal. Super recipe!
Just a note: This recipe works equally as well with chicken breast. Adjust the cooking time as chicken breast don't need to cook as long as pork chops.
WOW! I tried it with Bonless Chicken Tenderloins and it came out GREAT! The outside is crispy and the inside is juicy and tastes really good! i will definatly make again and again! (the chicken took about 35 min to cook :) )