Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
i don't know why this is called a clambake since there are no clams here. i cook this outside in the turkey fryer and when it's done i can just pull out the basket and dump it on the table over lots of newspaper. this is a messy fun dish.
- 18 small new potatoes
- 6 onions, quartered
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles pale ale
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, sliced
- 6 ears corn, husked
- 3 lobsters
- 3 lbs mussels
- melted butter (optional)
- in a large pot add ale, water, onions, old bay, and salt bring to a boil.
- (i make this outdoors in a turkey fryer).
- add potatoes, chorizo and onions,cover, cook 15 minutes.
- add corn, mussels, lobster, cover, cook 10-15 minutes more until mussels open remove lobsters, split in half.
- serve in large bowls,with melted butter on the side (optional).
Mmm-sounds yummy and fun!I will definitely try this soon!FYI- for those that don't know chorizo is a hispanic sausage that you can find in any good hispanic grocery shop.