Recipe by SoupCookie
Ready in under 10 minutes!!!! Tastes like fudge pudding! Covers a single layer 9 inch round or square. Recipe from the Harrowsmith cookbook; Vol.1, credited to Barbara Davis of Mississauga, ON.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 -3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sauce pan whisk together sugar & cornstarch (do not turn on stove top yet). Whisk in cocoa & salt.
- *Make sure you have nothing else to attend to in the next minute becasue this part needs your full attention: Add boiled water and whisk to get out as many clumps as possible. Turn stove to medium-high heat and begin whisking. Cook until mixture thickens (which happens almost instantly). Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. It will be the consistency of pudding.
- Spread hot icing onto cooled cake. Enjoy!
- *Note: I used an electric kettle to boil my water.