Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick & easy week night dish from the 2003 Milk Calendar. Just add a green vegetable or salad and "you've got dinner"!!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups small shell pasta
- 1⁄2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1 red pepper, diced
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large pot over medium heat; cut chicken into 1 inch strips& brown in oil.
- Remove from pot& keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to pot; cook mushrooms, onion, salt& pepper, for about 5 minutes or until softened, stirring constantly.
- Whisk flour into milk; gradually stir into pot, stirring to scrape any veggie bits that are stuck to the bottom and bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta& chicken, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until pasta is almost tender& chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in pesto& red pepper; cook, uncovered for about 5 minutes or until pasta is tender& sauce is thickened.
This was a very tasty, easy recipe! My whole family enjoyed it. Thanks for a quick recipe CountryLady ; )