Recipe by Nolita_Food
I originally wanted to make chicken marsala, but I couldn't find marsala wine, so got a bottle of carbenet, then I added a bunch of ingredients that I liked.
Top Review by D M.
It was pretty good. The sauce was thin. If I make it again, I will use sour cream instead of heavy cream. My young children wouldn't touch it, but my parents and I enjoyed it well enough.
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 10 ounces mushrooms, sliced (you can use any kind you like)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken between plastic wraps with the flat side of mallet.
- Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat oil in a skillet, fry the chicken until they have a nice golden color.
- You can do this in 2 batches if your skillet is not big enough.
- Remove chicken from heat, keep warm under a foil wrap.
- Meanwhile, add chopped onions, garlic and sliced mushroom into the skillet until softened, about 4-6 minutes, depending on how crowded the pan is.
- Add oregano and wine, cook until the alcohol is cooked out, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, stock and cream back in, simmer over medium low heat for another 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- You can serve this over steamed rice or noodles.