I originally wanted to make chicken marsala, but I couldn't find marsala wine, so got a bottle of carbenet, then I added a bunch of ingredients that I liked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound chicken between plastic wraps with the flat side of mallet.
- 2Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- 3Heat oil in a skillet, fry the chicken until they have a nice golden color.
- 4You can do this in 2 batches if your skillet is not big enough.
- 5Remove chicken from heat, keep warm under a foil wrap.
- 6Meanwhile, add chopped onions, garlic and sliced mushroom into the skillet until softened, about 4-6 minutes, depending on how crowded the pan is.
- 7Add oregano and wine, cook until the alcohol is cooked out, about 5 minutes.
- 8Add the chicken, stock and cream back in, simmer over medium low heat for another 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- 9You can serve this over steamed rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stove-Top Chicken in Red Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.6
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 84.3 mg
- Sodium 108.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 30.3 g