Recipe by riffraff
I got this recipe from a blog called Kalyn's Kitchen. I made it tonight and it is plate licking good. We felt the sauce was just perfect, not too much of anything. The sauce is a little thin but delicious. Hope you like it.
Top Review by tracywoodle
This was wonderful! We both licked the plates when we were done. I added a bit of cayenne and did have to thicken the sauce a bit with cornstarch. Put it over pasta and had a bit of baked broccoli on the side - heaven! I've already passed this recipe on to all the folks at work. Definitely a keeper.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil (will depend on your pan)
- poultry seasoning (to season chicken before cooking)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (you can use light, but do not use fat free)
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock (can be canned)
- chopped parsley (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut slits across each chicken breast but not all the way through.
- This is so the sauce penetrates the breast.
- Season chicken with poultry seasoning on both sides.
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan big enough to hold the chicken in a single layer.
- Brown chicken well.
- Combine and whisk all the sauce ingredients together.
- When chicken is good and brown, lower heat and pour sauce over.
- Simmer 20 minutes, being sure to keep heat at a very low simmer.
- Serve with sauce and a bit of parsley over each breast.