With prep work and cooking this cheesy Enchilada Lasagna will ready for plating in about 1 hour!
Make and share this Stove-Top Chicken Enchilada Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce (1 10 oz can)
- 1 -3 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken breasts (cooked and shredded or finely chopped)
- 4 flour tortillas, for burritos (8 inch)
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup jalapeno (sliced, from a jar)
- green chili (chopped, from a jar)
- sour cream (optional)
- In a medium size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Reserve 1/4 cup enchilada sauce; add remaining sauce to the onion. Stir in cumin and chicken. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Lightly grease 10 inch skillet with butter or cooking spray; heat over low heat. Place 1 tortilla in skillet; top evenly with pepper jack cheese and second tortilla. Spread chicken mixture over second tortilla; top with third tortilla. Sprinkle evenly with cheddar cheese, top with jalapeno and green chilies. Place fourth tortilla over chilies; spread reserved 1/4 cup enchilada sauce over top.
- Cover skillet; cook over low heat for 18-20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Cut into 4 wedges; serve topped with sour cream if desired.