Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is how my Mom made BBQ chicken. She normally didn't use recipes when she cooked but she got this one off the back of a can of Hunts Tomato Sauce.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) canhunt tomato sauce with onion
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken in oil and drain fat.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
- Cover; and simmer 45 minutes or until chicken is tender, basting several times.