Recipe by Jewelies
Quick and easy chicken with olives, anchovies, and capers. You can subsitute water for stock. Serve with pasta.
Top Review by NurseJaney
Accidentally made for Australia/NZ Swap #26 !! Prepared with 2 skinless/boneless breasts -- and the FULL amount of sauce ! I did not have fresh herbs, but dried did very well. No anchovies -- DH would have left home !! This was a great combination of flavors - and I have PLENTY of sauce for another meal ! Thanks for posting, Jewelies.
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper
- 4 small chicken breast fillets
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives
- 2 anchovies
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon baby capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 125 ml red wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Season flour with salt and pepper, then toss fillets in the flour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy-based pan over high heat, add chicken, quickly brown both sides, then set aside.
- Add remaining oil to pan and fry onion over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic, olives. anchovies, herbs and capers, cook for 1 minute, then add vinegar.
- Mix paste, pesto, wine and 1 1/2 cups of stock.
- Add to pan with chicken and simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Serve with pasta and top with herbs.