Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another wonderful and very tasty chicken dish! I have even added in green olives to this. The complete dish is prepared in an extra large frypan. If desired you can also mix in about 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese into the cream mixture while cooking.
- 5 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter or 3 -4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil (or to taste)
- 1 lb spaghettini, pasta (can use linguine also)
- 3 -4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup good quality chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- seasoning salt and pepper (or regular salt)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta until just firm-tender; drain, toss with about a tablespoon of oil (to prevent sticking); set aside.
- Saute the chicken cubes in butter or margarine until almost done; transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Saute the onion and garlic until soft (not brown).
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and basil; cook stirring for 3 minutes.
- Pour the wine and chicken broth into the pan, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until reduced by about two-thirds.
- Stir in half and half cream, salt, pepper, and cook until slightly thickened.
- Add in the cooked chicken cubes (and all the juices that were left on the plate).
- Simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in about 1/3 cup parsley; mix to combine.
- Toss/mix in pasta.
- Serve in large serving bowls.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Great stuff! I took a few "liberties" with the recipe,but made it basically as posted. I used ground chicken because I was too lazy to cut up breasts today,skipped the wine and just added a little more broth,used heavy cream, and added fresh mushrooms that I sliced and then halved. The Husband declared it "a keeper" and The Kiddo was sad because she couldn't eat more.(had to pitch tonight) But I saved the leftovers for her lunch tomorrow which made her happy again! Thank you for an easy, tasty recipe that I am postive I'll be making again.