Recipe by newfie wanna be
This is a delicious comfort food recipe. Very easy to make and any leftovers can be frozen.
- 6 -8 chicken thighs
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion, chicken and garlic in large frying pan till brown.
- In stock pot simmer peppers and tomatoes. Add chicken and onions and continue to simmer.
- Add spices to taste.
- Stir in sugar to cut acidic taste of tomato.
- Serve as side dish or over pasta.