This is an off the shelf meal, but if you choose to use fresh mushrooms, be sure to add a quarter cup of additional liquid. An interesting variation is to skip the cheese and add a quarter cup of sour cream and a quarter teaspoon of nutmeg to make a stroganoff. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- Saute the onion in the olive oil within a skillet that has a tight fitting lid.
- When the onion is nearly transparent, add the diced potato and the mushrooms and liquid.
- Lower the heat and simmer covered for 6 minutes or until the liquid is nearly gone and potato is starting to get soft.
- Add the meat and the pepper, stir and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Plate the mixture and sprinkle the cheese on top.