These are super delicious, very filling burritos. Great for breakfast, or more often in my household, dinner! In my opinion, charring the tortilla over the burner makes the recipe, it adds a smoky depth that really brings out the flavor of the tortilla.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan heat the beans over medium heat.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown the sausage and onion.
- 3When sausage is browned pour in the eggs and scramble, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Remove pan from heat but leave burner on (if electric stove, if you do not use an electric stove I'd recommend just warming in the microwave) using your fingers or tongs lay the majority of the tortilla directly on the burner for 1 second. Lift off and repeat on other side, rotating and switching sides until the tortilla is warm and slightly charred.
- 5On warmed tortilla place half egg mixture, a scoop of beans, two slices of provolone and salsa to taste.
- 6Roll up in the style of a burrito.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stove Top Charred Breakfast Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (559 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 777.8
- Calories from Fat 471
- Total Fat 52.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.6 g
- Cholesterol 740.3 mg
- Sodium 1548.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 53.1 g