Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Too hot to bake? Try this on the stove-top for a wonderful dessert. From Good Housekeeping with modifications.
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons almond liqueur
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 pint about 2 1/2 cups blueberries, rinsed
- 10 almond cookies or 10 macaroons, coarsely crushed
- confectioners' sugar
- From lemon, grate 1/4 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1 teaspoon juice.
- In 2-qrt saucepan, with spoon, stir lemon peel, lemon juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, almond liqueur, and 1/2 cup cold water.
- Add margarine or butter and half of blueberries to mixture in saucepan; lightly crush blueberries with potato masher or side of spoon.
- Cook blueberry mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils. Stir in remaining blueberries and boil 2 minutes longer, stirring.
- Spoon hot blueberry mixture into 4 dessert or custard cups; top with cookie crumbs or macaroons and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.