Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Give the can opener the night off! It's worth the extra effort, so make these for someone you love.
- Heat bacon in a large pot over medium heat until crispy.
- Add the onions and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic and beans to the pot and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cane syrup, brown sugar, ketchup and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken broth. Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook the beans for about 4 hours, or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add water if needed to prevent the beans from burning.