Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very easy. Very good!
Make and share this Stove-Top " Baked Beans " recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans (I drain the top juice off)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons catsup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- In med.
- sauce pan saute onions and green peppers in butter until soft.
- Add remaining ingrediants and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to simmer and cook another 10 minutes stirring often.
I've used virtually the same recipe for years. Delicious, and it's so quick and easy to serve as a side dish anytime. I substitute maple syrup for the molasses and add a couple drops of liquid smoke.
I also have made baked beans this way, always using my cast iron skillet and throwing in some Bar BQ sauce and sometimes some fresh garlic minced. (I am a garlic freak....put it in everything!!!) Very good!
I took a few liberties, but still liked the finished product. I used diced rather than minced onions, omitted the green peppers (we were out), and added plenty of diced bacon, which I sauteed with the onions. I thought it was delicious, but my DH said there was WAY too much onion (he doesn't like onion much) so I will make this again but limit the onion to a few shakes of the instant minced variety. Thanks for a great recipe, MizzNezz!