Recipe by NoCookDonna
This is a very good, quick & easy recipe. They are cooked on the stove top using canned Pork and Beans, but the flavor is like you have baked them for hours. This recipe, by Glenn Manning, was found online.
Top Review by Lydia H.
I appreciate the tremendous volume, but for one 16 oz can of pork and beans, I scaled the recipe back to two servings, which worked very well. Used just one strip of bacon b/c I am not a huge fan (I know) and went a little shy on the prepared mustard, replacing some with mustard powder. Measured by eye, but followed pretty closely. Tasty, easy, fast. Thanks!
- 2 (28 ounce) cans pork & beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pork & beans
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 lb brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 5 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 3 teaspoons garlic, dry minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp. Remove and save bacon.
- Brown onion and bell pepper in bacon grease.
- Pour in beans, brown sugar, mustard, and garlic. Mix well.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke until color darkens.
- Crumble bacon and mix.
- Taste. Beans should be very sweet.
- Adjust brown sugar, Worcestershire and liquid smoke to taste.
- Simmer slowly, covered, stirring often for 30 minutes on low heat.
- The ingredients are adjustable to your taste.