1 hr 15 mins
This is a very good, quick & easy recipe. They are cooked on the stove top using canned Pork and Beans, but the flavor is like you have baked them for hours. This recipe, by Glenn Manning, was found online.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry bacon until crisp. Remove and save bacon.
- 2Brown onion and bell pepper in bacon grease.
- 3Pour in beans, brown sugar, mustard, and garlic. Mix well.
- 4Add Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke until color darkens.
- 5Crumble bacon and mix.
- 6Taste. Beans should be very sweet.
- 7Adjust brown sugar, Worcestershire and liquid smoke to taste.
- 8Simmer slowly, covered, stirring often for 30 minutes on low heat.
- 9The ingredients are adjustable to your taste.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stove Top Baked Beans
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.0
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 47.9 mg
- Sodium 1492.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 18.4 g