Recipe by Marie
Baby red potatoes are sauteed in butter, then finshed with basil, shallots and garlic. Recipe from Bon Appetit.
Top Review by Soobeeoz
This was probably as good as any potato dish I've eaten. I used six medium/small red potatoes, cutting them into fours, and everything else as listed. Mine didn't crisp up so possibly I had the heat a little too low but they were delicious, regardless. I cooked them for fifteen minutes by which time they were quite tender, then added the basil, shallots & garlic before cooking for another ten to fifteen minutes or so. I tried upping the heat so they'd crisp but they stuck to the pan, so next time I'll start with slightly higher heat and see how that goes. Thanks for a great, easy recipe I look forward to making quite often!
- 680.38 g small red potatoes (about 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 59.16 ml finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce potatoes in several places with fork.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook until potatoes are almost tender, shaking skillet occasionally, about 25 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons basil, shallots and garlic.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook until potatoes are golden brown and very tender, shaking skillet occasionally, about 10 minutes longer.
- Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons basil.