Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Baby red potatoes are sauteed in butter, then finshed with basil, shallots and garlic. Recipe from Bon Appetit.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes (about 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- Pierce potatoes in several places with fork.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook until potatoes are almost tender, shaking skillet occasionally, about 25 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons basil, shallots and garlic.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook until potatoes are golden brown and very tender, shaking skillet occasionally, about 10 minutes longer.
- Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons basil.
This was probably as good as any potato dish I've eaten. I used six medium/small red potatoes, cutting them into fours, and everything else as listed. Mine didn't crisp up so possibly I had the heat a little too low but they were delicious, regardless. I cooked them for fifteen minutes by which time they were quite tender, then added the basil, shallots & garlic before cooking for another ten to fifteen minutes or so. I tried upping the heat so they'd crisp but they stuck to the pan, so next time I'll start with slightly higher heat and see how that goes. Thanks for a great, easy recipe I look forward to making quite often!
Yum, Yum. Great tasting potatoes. My garlic and shallots got very toasted, still tasted great, but next time I will only saute for a short time
Just add green beans