Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From _Tyler's Ultimate_ episode "Ultimate Lamb Shanks".
- 16 gingersnaps
- 1 egg white
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles stout beer (recommended -- Guinness)
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom honey
- In a food processor, grind gingersnaps into a fine powder. Add egg white, butter, sugar, molasses and salt, and process until smooth. Spread onto a baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 7-9 minutes until set. Cool to room temperature, then break into pieces.
- Fill two chilled float glasses 1/4 full with stout. Add two generous scoops of vanilla ice cream to each glass. Drizzle with honey, then fill with remaining stout. Add one or two pieces of broken tuile.