2 hrs 30 mins
Santa Ynez Valley Chef's Note:
(If you don't have stout, any dark flavorful beer will do) This recipe, from my sister-in-law's brother-in-law, is the best cheesecake I have ever had, bar none. (but not for those watching their cholestoral)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1On Stovetop, reduce 16 oz. stout to 4 oz.
- 2Let all ingredients come to room temperature before starting.
- 3Process cookies in a processor to make crumbs.
- 4Wrap bottom of 10-inch springform pan with foil and make a 5-inch foil collar around the top edge of the pan.
- 5Grease pan and line bottom with cookie crumbs.
- 6With paddle attachment of mixer, blend cream cheese, salt, and sugars until smooth.
- 7Add eggs and mix until smooth.
- 8Add vanilla and cornstarch and mix until smooth.
- 9In a seperate bowl, whip sour cream smooth by hand and mix in cream cheese mixture; whip smooth again.
- 10Drizzle reduced stout into mixture and stir only 2 or 3 times to give a marbled effect (you can also drag a knife or toothpick trough it several times).
- 11Pour into pan and cover top with foil.
- 12Bake at 375F for 1 hour 45 minutes.
- 13Remove foil and bake 15 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stout Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 867.8
- Calories from Fat 560
- Total Fat 62.3 g
- Saturated Fat 36.0 g
- Cholesterol 403.2 mg
- Sodium 868.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 39.4 g
- Protein 18.3 g