Galley Wench's Note:
Amazing flavor and so easy to make! This is a sweet bread similar to banana bread in texture. Serve warm with cinnamon butter or cream cheese. Make it plain or add craisins, dates, nuts, or let your imagine go wild. If you are not weighing the flour besure to spoon the flour into the measuring cup; it's important to have the correct amount of flour otherwise you'll be disappointed! Original recipe was found on Simply Recipes, however I've made a few adjustments!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour (13.5 ounces)
- 3 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 12 ounces of guinness beer (or similar stout beer)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with non-stick.(butter flavored) spray.
- 3Into a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- 4Slowly pour half of the beer into the flour mixture and stir (The pub cans of Guinness are larger than 12 ounces, but they have better carbonation, so use what you need and drink ;=) the rest.).
- 5Add the molasses and stir in the balance of the beer.
- 6Stir in optional craisins, dates, or nuts.
- 7NOTE: Stir just enough to blend in the flour but DO NOT over mix or you'll end up with a beer brick!
- 8Pour into the prepared loaf pan (no more than 2/3 full).
- 9Bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 10Cool in pan for 5 minutes, and then turn it out onto a rack.
- 11Drizzle or brush the butter on the top of the bread.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stout (Beer) Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2646.3
- Calories from Fat 448
- Total Fat 49.8 g
- Saturated Fat 29.7 g
- Cholesterol 122.0 mg
- Sodium 2993.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 486.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 163.1 g
- Protein 40.8 g