- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup pitted prune
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef cubes
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup stout beer or 3⁄4 cup a dark beer
- garlic mashed potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large crock pot, combine onion, garlic, carrots, parsley, bay leaf, and prunes.
- Place flour in a zip lock bag and add beef cubes, shake until beef is covered.
- Place in bottom of crock pot and season with pepper.
- Pour beer over beef anc cook on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.
- Thirty minutes before beef is done, prepare Top of the Line Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
- Skim fat from beef, if any, and serve with potatoes.